Welcome to Tahoe Island
Tahoe Island is a woodsy, family oriented neighborhood located between Highway 89 and Tahoe Keys Blvd, just to the south of the Tahoe Keys. This neighborhood is well loved by Lake Tahoe
locals, second homeowners and vacation visitors alike. Tahoe Island enjoys all the same benefits of close proximity to Lake Tahoe and Highway 89 as the Gardner Mountain Neighborhood. The network of bike trails to the beaches, Camp Richardson
and Valhalla/Kiva historic sites run through this neighborhood.
The Al Tahoe is a unique neighborhood as it is situated between the beautiful Lake Tahoe, and the Truckee Marsh Meadow and Trout Creek along the south and west sides.
The Tahoe Island Neighborhood is home to many long time Tahoe locals who appreciate its wonderful location, tall trees and peaceful settings.
A few of the special features of this neighborhood are:
- Tall Pines
- Bike or walk to Camp Richardson
- Bike or Walk to the Keys Lagoon-watch the geese
- Level neighborhood, great for walking
- Minutes to Pope Beach, Kiva Historic Site, Valhalla
- Minutes to numerous restaurants and pubs
- Easy access to Tahoe’s festivals: Renaissance Festival, Kokanee Festival, Oktober Fest, Great Gatsby Fest, music, theatre and art at Valhalla
- Minutes to shopping at the Y
- Minutes to Fallen Leaf Lake
- Minutes to numerous trailheads including Mt. Tallac
- Open Meadows
- Blue Go Circulator goes down Highway 89
- Anderson’s Bike Rentals anchors the neighborhood
- Watch the Eagle’s soar in the meadow
The Tahoe Island Drive Neighborhood consists of classic Tahoe chalets; single story ranch styles homes, a few duplexes and some gorgeous new mountain contemporary homes. Some homes back to open meadows, some to Forest Service Land, and others have a more traditional neighborhood feel. The average lot is 6000 sq. ft. The neighborhood school is Tahoe Valley Elementary located in the heart of the community. Tahoe Island Drive has long had a reputation for affordability and the place to purchase your first Tahoe Home, which when you fall in the love with the area may be your Tahoe home for life.
Browse Tahoe Island Real Estate